Friday, July 20, 2007

Birthday extravaganza

Yesterday (as most of you know) was Dave's birthday. We decided we would go over to the park and throw around our "disc golf" discs and play Bocce. It was fun once I got the hang of it. I'm not the most athletic person in the world so it takes me a while to get even ok at something, but I did manage to beat the birthday boy on a couple rounds of Bocce and hit him in the stomach with the disc when he wasn't looking so I guess my aim is improving! When we had just gotten to the park a guy and his son pulled up and brought out these large suitcases onto the lawn. Come to find out they brought 4 very large snakes to play in the grass. Now, I personally am not super afraid of snakes. I wouldn't want to wake up next to one, but I don't freak out when ever they are around and I may even touch or hold one occasionally.... but what I don't get is why you need to bring 4 HUGE snakes to the park with little kids everywhere! If I had kids there I would NOT have let them go hang out with this strange guy and his snakes but for some reason the other parents did not feel the same way! The kids were all over there holding snakes bigger than them some with no parents in sight while this guy and his son are loving that all the little kids think they are super cool. I don't know, maybe I'm just a skeptical person, but seriously... why would a grown man need to bring 4 snakes to a park! Needless to say we moved away from them and just went about our own fun being careful, of course, not to accidentally stumble across one of the creatures by accident. The snakes or the guy.

No comments: