Monday, December 17, 2007

"Mann" made baby stuff

Here are some things Brook and I have been working on for Carter. Over the weekend, Brook used her new sewing machine to make the baby blanket featured below. She got the idea from Sherrie and Jodi Moore. It turned out sooooo cute!


We have gotten a little polka dot crazy in Carter's room and now we might have too many. This project will be ongoing until we get the right concentration of dots. Sometimes Brook and I are a little too obsessed with perfection. Here is what we have so far.

Brook and I went to a new fabric store that was recommended by some friends today. I wasn't going to let her buy anything, but I suddenly felt that Carter needed a more "Mannly" designed blanket when I spotted this fabric. He will be the coolest baby ever! If you want to checkout the store's website, go to http://www.materialgirlfabric.com/.


In other news, Carter has been very active recently. We discovered last night that he enjoys being read and sung to. We read the book Brook's Grandma sent (mentioned in an earlier blog) to him and then I sang some songs by Josh Turner (a country singer with a low bass voice). He was so excited, probably because of all the attention he was getting, that he was bouncing off the "walls". Good times were had by all.

2 comments:

ROAST said...

Sweet David I totally linked your blog to mine! I look forward to reading it.

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

cute blanket, you'll have to show me how you made it! His room looks good!