Thursday, May 13, 2010

The California playlist for our theme date

I was going to post this a while ago but I figured now is as good as any time. I made a play list of songs for our California date night, some being obvious and others being songs reminding us of the golden state. Here is what i chose:

-Welcome to Paradise by Greenday
-California Girls by the Beach Boys
-Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina
-California English by Vampire Weekend
-Some Beach by Blake Shelton
-Seaside by the Kooks
-I Left My Heart in San Francisco by Storm Door (an old school barbershop group)
-My Paper Heart by All American Rejects (It reminds me of the times Brook and I would go to the beach after returning home from my mission)
-Hotel California by the Eagles
-Surf Wax America by Weezer
-Vegetable Car by Joshua Radin (for all the environmental-friendly cars in CA)
-Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
-West Coast Friendship by Owl City
-California by Rufus Wainwright
-Good Day Sunshine by the Beatles
-San Francisco by Brett Dennen
-It Happened in Monterey by Frank Sinatra (told by Brook after putting it on the list that the song is actually about Mexico but I left it on anyway)
-I Heard It Through The Grape Vine by Marvin Gaye (Wine Country Baby!)
-I'm Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves

We were planning on doing this every week but have been unsuccessful since the trial run. Hopefully we can start it up again as it was different and fun.

No comments: