Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stop the glorification of busy

Everyone knows I love keeping myself busy. So much so that I start to freak out because I've overbooked myself. Well, I dropped a class. Take that! Even with that I haven't blogged since January. Just shows you how often I get to sit down at the computer and actually type. Today was a rare day. Carter had his 100th day of kindergarten today so he went off to school looking like a dapper old man and Jude and I got ready and went to the store to do our grocery shopping. I feel super blessed that Jude spotted the only "car cart" at Whole Foods and was perfectly content to drive us around the store. He even was adorable and popped through the windshield to put his bunny fruit snacks on the conveyor belt when we got the register. We finished running our errands and I came home and did some chores (not many...) and played with my super happy little one. When Carter got home they played happily together for a bit which was nice and then I put them in front of separate movies and finished my report for my textiles class on a real life invisibility cloak. And yes. I did go there in my report. I'll always be a Potter nerd.
         Anyway, it was a busy but not busy day and it was perfectly fine. My house is not as sparkly as it was in the weeks before school started but I've managed to finish all of my homework before it's due AND had several people from my sewing class over for 3 hour blocks to help them with their homework. I'm busy enough. Now can someone please remind my brain of that. I'm sure I will take on more. I always do. So my question to all of you is why do we always insist on being so busy? I know with kids and school and work and what not we are naturally busy but it seems like I seek out things to fill my time if it's not already full. Do you do that too? I need to stop and smell the flowers once in a while. It seems like a kid snuggle is the only thing that can derail me from my hyper drive mode. Oh well. I survive.

Carter got a crown for 100th day so Jude needed one too.

In their presidents shirts for President's Day. They are getting so big. The shirts are the same size!!

At church being themselves. Can't tell you how much I love them kids.

No comments: