Monday, June 25, 2007

Plans change.

We have definitely been busy: Amanda and Nathan's wedding, a baseball game, watching an entire season of Project Runway in 3 days. It's been busy, but it's been nice to be doing all this together. With Dave out of school we've been able to enjoy each other and finally just be married. It's a nice feeling to know you get to actually do stuff together.
We recently attended an infertility seminar/workshop and it was great! We both came out of it very glad we had gone although we were the only people under the age of 37! It was nice to hear other people's experiences and how they coped with the heartache of it all and it got us talking more about options down the road. It's nice to know there are ways to get a family if you have trouble getting there yourselves.
We also made the decision not to do IUI this month like we had planned. We were having trouble interpreting my ovulation kit and it was putting too much stress on the already stressful situation so we decided to spend the money we would be spending on the IUI on a fertility monitor instead. We are hoping the this will not only benefit us now, but in trying to conceive our future kids as well. It was more of an investment, so we are hoping it is worth it. And of course, as I had predicted, a few hours after we bought the monitor my kit changed. I'm still glad we made this decision and I am not discouraged for this month or any month to come. It will happen.
We also changed our vacation plans this year from girl's camp to Utah for a week. We went on the overnight hike up in Mount Hood and I had an epiphany. It is going to be extremely expensive and just an all around pain in the butt for me to take all of my own food up to camp and prepare it all myself. There were several factors that went into this decision and I'm sad that I won't get to enjoy the camp experience and spend a week with Karen acting completely stupid, but I know this is the right decision and I am very relieved. It will also be nice to see all my family and David's friends in Utah.
Needless to say we change our plans quite often. Hey plans change... get used to it!

No comments: