Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I've outsmarted the human race!

For the past 2 years on the Saturday before Mother's day we have been trapped in our apartment by the thousands of participants of the Human Race, a race to benefit non profit organizations in Sonoma County. While I do realize this is a very worthy cause and a great benefit to our community you can imagine my frustration to not be able to exit our apartment when we have to get to work or various other places for HOURS! They do not even give us a warning! It was not until last year's race that I even figured out the fact that it was always held on the Saturday before Mother's day (thank you Nancy for that information.)
This year we will be taking steps to ensure that this will not interfere with our lives by informing our neighbors and parking our cars elsewhere in order to escape.
Fool me once, shame on you...
Fool me twice, shame on me...
Fool me three times, not a chance sucker!

In other news: I got really sick all the sudden yesterday. I left work at 3:45 and went home and slept, waking only to take a bath and get a blessing. I took my temperature and it was 101.9 so I'm thinking it wasn't allergies. I slept through the night and woke up all the sudden covered it sweat and really hot and uncomfortable at what felt like about 1am and the weird thing was... I felt amazingly better! My nose isn't running half as much as it was yesterday and I'm not as drowsy. I still don't feel 100%, but I'm getting there and I feel a heck of a lot better than I did yesterday!

If any of you are interested in learning more about the Human Race besides the fact that they trap me in my apartment here is a link for you: http://humanrace.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=187170

2 comments:

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

I remember sleeping in my apartment, so pissed that some family was making a so much noise outside on a early saturday morning. Finally I couldn't stand it I jumped out of bed, threw on clothes and walked down to the street, where I found thousands of people walking in the Human Race! I hadn't heard anything of it until it woke me up that morning!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Hope you have a great weekend and don't get trapped in.