Monday, May 14, 2007

Laughing so hard I could cry...

Have you ever laughed so hard that your eyes started to tear up? I have. On Friday night we were at John and Noelle's just sitting around talking and David decides to spit out a bit of his nerdy anthropology talk and says the word "brachiate." All of the sudden I start laughing hysterically (keep in mind that I'm not a laugher so this story is even better!!!) and I can barely get out the lamest joke in the world "Will brachiate for animals." Why was this so funny? No one including myself really knows... but it was. I just could NOT stop laughing and I'm sure everyone was looking at me like some sort of freak. Then all of the sudden I realized I was no longer laughing but instead was sobbing uncontrollably! It still felt like I was laughing and I still thought my dumb joke was the funniest thing ever, but I was actually sitting there crying on the couch!!! At least I was able to laugh at myself, but it was definitly a strange experience and I'm going to make sure not to laugh at all at work today.
Gotta love that Clomid!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was totally funny and no one thought you were a fread.
Love ya - Noelle

Anonymous said...

Oops - sorry I meant "freak" not "fread"

Lindsay said...

Joni Mitchell wrote:

Photo Beauty gets attention
Then her eye paint's running down
She's got a rose in her teeth
And a lampshade crown
One minute she's so happy
Then she's crying on someone's knee
Saying laughing and crying
You know it's the same release


It's so true (that is from the song People's Parties off the Court and Spark album, which is arguably the best album she ever recorded).

When is the IUI happening? Right around now or did you already do it?

Shar said...

I'm Shar. I like to read and comment on random people's blogs. I was on Clomid to get pregnant with my son. I totally understand what you are going through. I started crying at Quiznos because they forgot to put onions on my sandwich. I cried the entire time I was there. 30 minutes. That dumb Clomid.

The Iiames-Berry-Mann Family said...

LOL Your story reminded me of all the emotional ups and downs that come with pregnancy...laughing at slap-stick humor I usually think is stupid, crying at sappy TV commercials...I didn't realize that the Clomid would have the same effect. Well, at least you know what your in for WHEN you get pregnant (hopefully already), Hugs, Christy