Sunday, March 15, 2009

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today

This is going to be a huge blog. All weekend I've been saying "I need to blog" and have kept putting it off. We've just done so much in these past few days and have taken SO many pictures that it would've been easier to blog it as I went. Oh well, pretend this is 3 different blogs. I'll even label it by day.

Friday:
I had the day off work. Hooray. I've been discouraged lately because I've been working out at least 5 days a week and cutting my calories and I hadn't lost any weight. Well the picture below could show why... My sister always lovingly referred to me as "hockey stick legs" because I had absolutely no calf definition and skinny little chicken legs. Not any more! I guess biking close to 5 miles a day on the stationary bike finally caught up to me!


Every Friday I have off I try to hang out with my Mom's group buddies. This Friday since it was nice I asked everyone to join me for a stroll around the duck pond. I rocked Carter in the Moby and it felt great! He loved forward facing and "chatted" with Emery as we walked. It started out just me, Carter, Melissa and Emery but Tiffany, Syrie, Tiffany's sister-in-law and her daughter joined us for the last lap. We walked a total of about an hour so I felt like I got in a good workout carrying 18 lbs as I walked!
Melissa mentioned she was going grocery shopping after our walk so I told her I would watch Emery to make it a little easier for her. A fun time was had by all!

Carter taught Emery his favorite game!

This is the result of 2 kids. My house looked like this most of the weekend because we had Stacey and Scarlett over Saturday.

Friday night we had a girl's night over at Stacey's and since Dave was working I had planned to go over a little early and put Carter down over there so I could hang out and chat with the girls. He wouldn't sleep in Scarlett's crib and he only slept in my arms for about 20 minutes. He ended up staying up until about 1am which of course I was freaking out about because I realized when it comes to his schedule I'm not AT ALL flexible. This taught me to relax. Especially since he let me sleep in Saturday until 10:30 and still napped and went to bed just fine.
He had fun playing with Scarlett's toys, eating a truck load of "nana puffs" and doing laps around Stacey's coffee table for some reason.



Head butt! This seems to be very common with Carter's little buds.

Saturday:
As I mentioned earlier we slept in Saturday and spent the day with Stacey and Scarlett since Dave had to work. We went on another nice long walk and I figured out how to put Carter in the Moby wrap by myself so that was good. After our walk we came back to our place, had lunch, watched Twilight and just hung out.
When Dave got home we decided to go to this park he had told me about with 5 playgrounds. It was SO cool (minus the pack of 10 year old kids yelling the F* word) and we stayed there for a few minutes which was long enough to get some swinging in and check out the cool dragon.





Sunday:
Church of course. Carter looked adorable of course.
During Sunday School the kids were being noisy in the hall and Scarlett showed Carter how to climb the stairs (with major supervision I might add)

Are you supposed to take video at church??? If not, oops.


We tried a new snack today after church and are happy to report that Carter LOVES Ritz crackers!





So does Daddy...


We decided to take a walk before Carter's nap and we took some stale cheerios with us to feed the ducks. Carter loved it.




That's it. Phew. Sorry that was so long but we just did SO much! And we have more fun coming our way this week! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

it looks like a fun week. I'm sad I missed so much of the fun :( Max is finally better, so we're ready to party now! You'll have to show us where that park is. It looks like fun, AND it has a baby swing. Woohoo!

Maria said...

Oh my! I have missed out on so much! cute stories, videos, and pics! That'll teach me not to look at your blog every week! I think we may have gone to the same park on Saturday?! 5th east?! It will be fun when Austin can play with his friend Carter!

The Edwards Family said...

That was a fun weekend and what made it even more fun is that I was part of it! :) Thanks again for keeping Emery while I went to the store. It really is so much easier/faster without her! And I'm glad that you decided to be flexible on Fri night cuz it just wouldn't have been the same without you! Yay for girl's night!!!