Friday, March 6, 2009

What do you call a fish with 5 eyes?

Fiiiiish.

Tonight Uncle Jeff and Auntie Chelle babysat while we went on an amazing "under the sea" themed date. Dave picked me up from work and we planned to go to a sushi restaurant called Ichiban. While driving there I noticed another sushi restaurant called Sapporo that looked pretty good but we were almost to Ichiban so we kept going. When we got there it wasn't open for dinner yet so we decided to go to Sapporo (which also wasn't open, but we only had to wait a few minutes.) We had decided in advance to be adventurous so we had a hard time deciding on what to get. We ended up with:
  • 1 California Roll
  • 1 Negihama Roll (yellowtail)
  • 1 Playboy Roll (Shrimp tempura and lots of other goodies and salmon on top)
  • 1 Tiger roll (eel and many other goodies as well)



It was seriously the best sushi we had EVER eaten!!!! The Tiger Roll was by far our favorite. We were very good and used our chopsticks. Dave had an advantage as he's had many Japanese exchange students in his home, but I managed to adequately stuff my face all the same.


Our waiter was a total nerd and, not knowing we were on a fish themed date told us the joke above. He told me I looked like a "nice lady" and asked if I was a teacher... weird.

We then took our full selves to the Gateway where we explored for a little bit and headed over to the Clark Planetarium for a 7:30 showing of the 3D Imax movie called "Under the Sea" narrated by Jim Carrey. It was amazing and right up my alley. I would highly recommend it!

Our snack for the movie, Swedish Fish.
After the 45 minute film we picked up Carter, came home, put him to bed and enjoyed a little Phish food for dessert. It was so fun to do a themed date and every element of the evening was fantastic! Best sushi ever! Best movie ever! Best hubby ever!


2 comments:

Mame Voelker said...

that sounds so fun! I wish Nathan and I were creative!

Michelle said...

That is a way cute date idea!