Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One year ago today

No, I did not give birth to my beautiful little boy one year ago today, instead I was crying all day because the hospital called me at 5:15am to reschedule my induction. It's weird to think that today very well could have been his birthday and that I know exactly what I did a year ago.
Click here to relive that awful day.

Also, I have a question for all of you Moms (or dads or non-moms or dads) You are supposed to wait until a baby is 20lbs AND 1 year to forward face their car seat in the car. Well Carter is 3 ounces away from 20 lbs and 1 day away from 1 year. Do you think it's ok? I was discussing it with a friend last night and I thought I would get some opinions since I usually take the cautious route when it comes to my kid. Please tell me your thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember April 7 last year too. David called and woke me up early and I was so excited and then he said they rescheduled the induction. Oh Well, Carter still came.

Als said...

I did exactly what the pediatrician said which was to do what we were comfortable with. We decided that he was close enough but waited a couple weeks just to make darn sure. But we were still nervous the first couple months in the new seat. There's no getting around that. Happy almost birhday Carter!

Jim and Steph said...

you do what you are comfortable with. if carter is still content facing backwards then just keep him that way. they say 20lbs but most peds and child safety prefer 30lbs. i just barely switched oliver around and he is 25lbs and only because its getting too hot here and he needs to feel the air. he was quite comfortable and the way the back seat is shaped he still had nice leg space. the down side of forward facing is direct sun in the face and all toys land on the floor totally out of reach.

Baby Eman said...

Regarding the rear-facing... watch this. You may (or may not) remember that we kept Eman rear-facing til he was almost 20 mos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo&feature=related

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

What I've heard around the water cooler, is to keep them facing backwards as long as possible. No, not forever, but it's safer. I would make sure he's a good 20lbs. If he's not complaining he's backwards then I would leave him