Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The monitor

Since we got home from the hospital we've started using the baby monitor and it cracks me up. Carter went to bed about 15 minutes ago and I keep hearing him pull the cord on his lion that is tied to the outside of his crib and then the music plays. Hey, if it helps him sleep so be it.

I took a half day today so we could take Carter to his pediatrician. He was happy with how well Carter is doing and says we do not need to take him to the neurology clinic like the hospital told us. Other good news: I talked to our HR person about how much our insurance will cover for the whole thing and it looks like they cover 90% of the ER and 90% of the ambulance ride(s). Hooray! That's a relief.

Carter on the way to the doctor.


Poor little Carter still had his "metal nipples" from his heart monitor and they were so sticky we had to get the doctor to give us something to help take them off. It didn't help too much so we ended up leaving the second one on. Luckily when we when to pick up Jeff and Rachelle from the airport the heat of his car seat straps made it less sticky and easier to remove. So now he's no longer the bionic boy.



Carter was enjoying my cell phone tonight.



You expect to be able to hear your baby better with a baby monitor, but you aren't expecting to hear this:



I moved it.

1 comment:

Maria said...

That totally cracks me up about pulling the string! I guess you never know what goes on in their little heads but a monitor gives you a glimpse. ;)