Thursday, July 9, 2009

What a way to start the day!

After going to bed after midnight, I was expecting to get my usual 6 hours of sleep (which is just enough for me to function) before Carter got up. Carter had different plans, deciding to wake up at 4 am and not go back to sleep. I got him up and put him in front of his music videos and toys while I snoozed on the couch. I was suddenly brought out of my nap by They Might Be Giants at almost full volume (the DVD is already really loud and requires the volume to be at about 20% to be heard at a normal level) as Carter got hold of the remote and pumped up the tunes. I shot from the couch and hopped over the coffee table to turn it down and not wake the neighbors, but in the process startled Carter, causing him to scream hysterically. I picked him up to comfort him, still groggy myself, when Brook came out of the bedroom to see what was going on, which scared the crap out of me! I figured she would wake up and want to find out what all the ruckus was, but I didn't expect to see her right at that moment. It took me a few minutes to calm myself and gather my senses. After reassuring Brook that everything was fine, I came back out to the front room and found Carter like this:

I think Carter realized waking up at 4 am isn't the best idea after all, so I put him back to bed for another hour and a half.

P.S. I couldn't get a video of Carter's new phrase, but I definitely heard him copy me, saying "more peaches" whilst feeding him peaches. He is one smart cookie!

No comments: