Thursday, November 29, 2007

Isn't that just a fancy word for feeling "bummed out"?

Well, We've been having an interesting week to say the least. For a little while I've been "on edge" and getting upset really easily. Now I know what you are all thinking, I'm hormonal, and yes I am, but lately it has escalated way beyond that. Earlier this week I got so upset that I started getting dizzy and shaking and then all the sudden I started having trouble breathing. At first I blamed it on low blood sugar (which I get pretty often) but then I noticed it happened right after I ate. So last night at choir practice for the nativity choir people were trying to get us not to use music for one of the songs and I started stressing out. I seriously felt like the incredible hulk! I could feel the heat rising in myself and then all the sudden I got that same feeling! So I went out to the car and called my mom asking what it felt like to have high blood pressure. She told me I would probably be swollen which I'm not. She said when she was pregnant she got anxiety attacks on a regular basis. Ding ding... That sounds like what I'm experiencing daily. So she said I should talk to my doctor about it but I have an appointment Monday so I decided to wait until then. Today I just tried to relax, breathe and listen to Jack Johnson all day but of course the universe has this way of ruining all your plans like that. So of course today was one of the most stressful work days EVER! I just tried to keep my stress at a safe level and took lots of deep breathes. I barely made it. After work I went to Target and bought a Prenatal yoga DVD set. It looks pretty relaxing. Hopefully it helps.

No comments: