Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Some stuff

Well, Dave and I are both sick, but he is taking it more like a Mann than me. I feel miserable!

We had a doctor's appointment Monday and got some... news... first off I've gained 7 lbs this past month which puts my total weight gain at 19 lbs. That's a lot considering the only place I've really been gaining is my stomach. I asked if that meant I was going to have a LARGE baby and she said we would have to wait and see. She followed that up by saying that she thinks I might be able to birth an 8 lb baby naturally, but doesn't think that I could do a 9 pounder since I am so small. She said natural birth is ideal, but not to freak out if I end up needing a C-section. Oh fabulous!!!!! My mother in law had 6 babies and not one of them was under 8 lbs! Let's hope this boy takes after the babies in my family which were all under 8 lbs. (I doubt it though.)
Our doctor also informed us that she is pregnant and due April 6th which means she will not be delivering our baby. I hadn't really expected her to be delivering since it all depends who's on call, but I hoped it would be her and now there is really no chance. So that was a bummer. She started out that sentence with "I have a confession to make and you're going to be mad at me..." not exactly a phrase you want to hear coming from your doctor, but I was glad that it wasn't a lot worse.

In other news: we have our 4D sonogram in a week from tomorrow and we are really excited to see if we can tell at all who this baby looks like. We will be posting pictures from that hopefully next weekend.

Until then we are both going to try to get healthy again. I've been really lucky to have had a great pregnancy so far, but I have gotten 3 colds since I got pregnant and it is so miserable. Luckily Dave takes good care of me.

No comments: