Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Office Day!!!!!!


Today is the day we've been waiting for... the 3rd season of The Office came out on DVD today! Dave bought it at lunch (luckily I only had a half hour lunch because I almost bought it but thought I wouldn't have enough time to do that and get food) and we are going to spend all evening watching it! Dave even got a call from his BFF in New York yesterday wishing him a happy office day so apparently it is a national holiday! Woohoo!
Other than that today has not been the most fabulous day... Most of the systems at work are down and pretty much the only things I can do are email, go on the Internet, answer phones and play MASH with my coworkers. It is a completely wasted day and they aren't sure the computers are going to be working correctly tomorrow either but they won't let us go home. Luckily, I have something to look forward to tonight and get to spend the evening watching the greatest show on earth (no... we're not going to the circus.)
Oh, on the agenda for this week: On Saturday night we will not be able to attend the family dinner as one of my coworkers won us tickets to go see professional bull riding at the fairgrounds. Why bull riding you ask? A few weeks ago we were at Dave's parent's house doing laundry and watching T.V. and as we were flipping through the channels we came across a show called "Celebrity Bull Riding." (http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/ty-murrays-celebrity-bull-riding-challenge/series.jhtml) It was fantastic. I don't know how I ever lived before seeing Vanilla Ice riding a bull. On every episode someone got sent to the hospital and had to go home due to broken bones (among the injured was Stephen Baldwin with a broken shoulder, and Leif Garrett quit after riding the mechanical bull before even sitting on a real bull.) Anyway, we got hooked and as I was driving by the fairgrounds I saw that it was there and was talking at work about how I wanted to go. The cheapest tickets I could find we about $20 a piece so we decided not to go but then my coworker won them for us on the radio. I'm sure we will be posting pics from the event and y'all will hear all about it. It should be a good time.

No comments: