Monday, September 24, 2007

Kids say the darndest things... then again so do adults!

Since we've started telling people we've gotten some great reactions from people we thought we would share a couple of our favorites:

Aden Pierce:

Karen-"Aden, Brook has something to tell you."
Me- "I'm gonna be a mommy."
Aden- "Weird."

Matt Rutter (our home teacher):

Dave- "So, Brook's pregnant..."
Matt- "On purpose or by accident?"
Dave- "On purpose."
Matt- "Oh, Congratulations!"

Kaisa:

(Through text message)
Me- "It was positive."
Kaisa- "Holy 'crap'!"

My brother Derek:

(after we had the initial conversation)
Derek- "You can't move."
Me- "We have to."
Derek- "You can't take my nephew far away!"
Me- "...Or niece?!"
Derek- "You can't take my nephew far away!"

Richard (Dad) Mann:

David- "We've decided not to go to school until fall semester so all three of us will be able to go to the family reunion."
Mom- "Hopefully!"
Me- "No, all three of us will be there."
Mom- "What!? Are you pregnant?"
Me- "Yes."
(lots of screaming and hugging and talking...)
(5 minutes later) Dad- "All three of you?"

And my all time favorite, David Mann:

6:00 AM
Me-"It's positive."
Dave- "Are you serious?"
Me- "Yes."
Dave- "Are you serious?"
Me- (starting to cry) "YES!"
Dave- "Are you serious?!"
Me- "Would I make this up?!"
Dave- "Are you serious?"
Me- "Go check for yourself if you don't believe me!"

1 comment:

Laurel said...

So funny! Chris didn't believe me either when I told him that I was pregnant. I think that he was in denial until I went and saw the doctor because he didn't want to get his hopes up!