Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An eventful trip to the doctor

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and it was probably the most eventful one we've had so far! I've only gained 1 lb in the past 2 weeks which is good and she officially put me on disability! Hooray! It's probably a good thing considering she did an internal exam (very pleasant by the way) and discovered that I am already 2 to 3 cm dilated!!! Now this could mean absolutely nothing since some women sit dilated to 3 cm for a month before they give birth, but who knows how long I've already been dilated. The MAJOR plus side to this is it takes some women 8 or so hours of labor to get to 3 cm so I've already done a lot of the work without realizing it! Hopefully that means we will have a shorter labor. I think this scared Dave more than me since I'm seriously ready not to be pregnant anymore, but he just worries that the baby won't be fully "cooked." I keep telling him that a baby is considered full term at 36 weeks which is what I am today and plenty babies we know have been born early with little to no complications, but you can't blame the guy for worrying about his first baby. Our midwife also felt the need to say that the baby is "big." Really? I couldn't tell... Luckily she didn't give me a size estimate, it's better if I have NO idea how big she thinks the baby is. I will just go on convincing myself that he's not as big as he really is. We go back to the doctor next Monday and every week after that until the baby is born. I wouldn't be surprised to receive a call from us with good news in the near future, but don't wait by the phone. My little boy could prove to be stubborn and not come out for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I miss you blogging. Tell us all about what you are doing now that you aren't working. Love you and miss you.

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

YEAH! We are so excited for the 3 of you! I wish I could be there to help out. If you want any advise just call!