Friday, March 14, 2008

You give me Fever...

I have a fairly good reason for not writing these past few days. On Monday night at about 11PM I started throwing up and having other "digestive" problems. I couldn't sleep the whole night and I ended up staying home from work. When I finally took my temp that day it was 100.6 which is really high for me since I normally run around 97.2. I called the doctor and she told me to take Tylenol, keep my fever below 100 and to take it easy for a few days and just let it pass, so I did. Every time my fever would get over 100 (I could feel it every time) I would take a cool bath and some Tylenol and once the Tylenol wore off it would shoot right back up. So I missed far too much work to make up and even though my fever has passed I still feel horrible. I have a doctor's appointment Monday at which I plan to get my note for going on disability which puts me out about 3 weeks earlier than I had planned. That's not too bad I guess. The good part in all of this is my feet haven't been swelling AT ALL since I've been staying home!

All through my pregnancy I've been saying that it is going too fast and I never thought I would get to the point where I would just be ready for him to come, but I've finally gotten there. All of the sudden I can't really do anything. I can't sit for long periods of time, or lay down for very long. I can't get out of chairs or walk by myself (I feel very dumb gripping the wall to move around sometimes) and the bath tub is a whole new challenge. I'm just ready for him and who knows it could be more than a month before he comes.

In other news: We lifted some stress off ourselves by selling our Dana Carvey tickets for March 29th. We decided that if I am still pregnant it will be miserable because not only do you have to be in your seat and hour before the show starts, but it's a live taping so you have to stay in there the entire time. Plus if the baby is already born we won't be able to enjoy ourselves because that will be all we can think about. So we listed them on Craigslist and in about 20 minutes we already had someone who was willing to buy them.

Gosh, you never realize how much you have to say until you aren't writing as often!

We had birth class last night and it was my first time out of the house since Monday. Unfortunately the class was a bust because it was on breastfeeding and if you've done absolutely ANY research or picked up a book you already knew everything she said. We left at the break.

I have the last of the showers this weekend. My work shower is Saturday and my family shower is Sunday. These are the smaller showers so they shouldn't take too much out of me. We had a joint shower last Saturday for me and my friend Katie. It was so much fun but by the end we were both SO exhausted! The food was really good too, Karen made a gluten free chocolate cake AND gluten free pancakes!!! Carter and I have been so spoiled!

Carter and Alexis' first kiss!

No comments: