Monday, March 10, 2008

What's in a name? (Part 2)

Dave and I had discussed the possibility of changing Carter's middle name from Pierce to James if he was born on my great grandpa, James' birthday. We decided to keep it the way it was because we like the name Carter Pierce and we thought the odds of delivering on that particular day were very slim. Well, on Sunday one of our favorite people, Jim Moore, walked up to me and we were talking about my due date. He told me that his birthday is April 9th and that it is a particularly good day to be born. I agree. I would love to have Carter on Jim's b-day... again though we run into the "James" thought... Did we pick the wrong middle name for Carter? Should he really be Carter James, or is this just coincidence? Dave says we should not change his name, but we can seriously consider James as the middle name to our second boy. I think that is a good option considering we love and respect so many people named James but can't shake the feeling that maybe Carter should be Carter James. Any thoughts?
Side note: Don't get me wrong, we love and respect the Pierce's too which is why we chose that name to begin with and why we aren't too keen to change it!

5 comments:

megan said...

This is kind of weird, because I definitely know someone else who has a baby named Carter James.

I love Carter Pierce, it's so original. You don't hear Pierce much around anymore. I think maybe the next one should be a James (Carter James is a lovely name, but it's just a big coincidence that I already know of one!)

Anonymous said...

I like them both!! I agree that Pierce is more original and it's clearly much cooler so I think that's what I'd vote for. You can always change your mind when you see him face to face! The sentimental aspect of James is tempting... what a dilemma. What if you don't have another boy? Will you wish you would have used it for Carter?

Anonymous said...

I vote for Pierce :)

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

I vote Pierce!

Mame Voelker said...

However, if you choose James you can join the Moore/Voelker clan who use James as the middle name of their first boys. Maxwell James, Mason James and in the future, Chase James (Voelker)..in the way future...I'm not pregnant we're just lame and have our first boy's name picked out.