Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Regatta reveals new goal in life

Last week my coworker told me about an event called the Pumpkin Regatta that was being held at Sugar House Park. I was so excited about this that I insisted we go. I even begged my sister in law to let me take her children!! I was totally not disappointed. The pumpkins weighed anywhere from 900 to 1500 lbs and were totally awesome. Here is a photo journal of the day with a few explanations.



They used saws to carve these enormous beasts which was really cool to see. This particular "boat" was named "Life is Gourd"


We were all rooting for this guy and he ended up winning!

We took lunches and ate them by the water so we could watch them finish up all the carving

Then we took to the huge hill and the kids had fun climbing up and rolling and running down. Even Jude liked it. I took the opportunity to snap some pictures of the kids.
Michael and Jude


Carter and Jenna


Abby and Emma


Abby, Jude and Emma


The girls

The kids


Silly kids.
 After the regatta I came home and started searching Pinterest and Google for different techniques to grow ginormous pumpkins. My new bucket list item: grow, carve and race a ginormous pumpkin. I can't think of anything cooler to do with my teenage boys in the future. Dave thinks I'm crazy but I am totally serious! This should be fun!

No comments: