Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just swell...

Well, things are moving along. I can't believe that next week I will be 8 months pregnant! Lately Carter has been moving more and we've been able to watch him when he makes my belly move around all funny. He got the hiccups today, probably not for the first time, but the first I've felt it. For the past few weeks I've been swelling a lot. Luckily I changed my rings 2 days before the swelling started "just in case." We have a doctors appointment Friday at which I have to get a note from my doctor saying that I can wear flip flops to work. By 3 everyday my shoes feel almost permanently fixed to my feet, so it will be nice to wear something more comfortable.

In other news: I've committed not to commit to anything until after the baby is born. I have been very stressed out and still volunteering to do things that somehow I think I have time for. So, from now on until Carter arrives (and probably for a little while after that) I will be attempting to take it easy and not doing anything that I don't need or really want to do. Hopefully this makes things easier and slightly less stressful for me, Carter and Dave. I need to continue to relieve stress which is difficult for me since I am a compulsive planner and I really have no idea when this baby is going to come. I just need to make sure that I'm ok with whatever happens.

1 comment:

megan said...

i can't believe you're almost eight months!! THAT'S INSANE!! i couldn't imagine how excited you both are right now. but i'm pretty excited for you guys, too. aaaaah! :)