Thursday, February 14, 2008

The perfect gift

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! Brook and I spent the evening attending our second birth class. This time it was much more in your face, no pulled punches than the first time. We got to watch a video about the different stages of labor, culminating with the actual birth of a baby. It was pretty much what I expected and at the same time very new and informative. It is one thing to read about and a totally different thing to see and talk about with a group of people. I am sure that when Carter is born, it will be an amazing (and private) experience.

For Valentine's day, I tried to be a little more creative with Brook's present. Since becoming pregnant (and even before that), Brook loves juice. So, instead of a bouquet of flowers, I got her a "bouquet" of different juices and a Jamba Juice gift card. I "wrapped" the gift in a huge Victoria's Secret bag with scantily clad women on it to confuse her before she opened it. She appreciated the thought and I am glad I didn't have to spend $50 on a dozen roses.

No comments: