Saturday, February 14, 2009

Engaged!

My engagement and wedding rings haven't fit me since I was 7 months pregnant and I've asked Dave every holiday since Carter was born to re-size them for me. All this week he's been putting surprises in my lunch to remind me of the day we got engaged (salt water taffy, picture of Portuguese beach, golf ball, chips and salsa) and last night at our Valentine's date he proposed with the rings! So technically I think I'm engaged!
I got Dave a heart shaped pizza from his favorite pizza place that he never gets to eat at anymore!
What's a romantic living room picnic without sparkling cider?
Tada! Here it is! Oh how I've missed you! He got down on one knee and everything! After he proposed we watched PS I Love You. It was a great Valentine's date.
Other pictures:
Carter still does the ET thing...
Carter trying to pretend he didn't just tickle Elmo!
For Christmas Dave's Grandparents sent Carter a gift card to Walmart which we hadn't used. I went with my friend Stacey to find sleds and saw this. It was on SUPER clearance so I only had to pay a few dollars out of pocket. Thanks Gran and Gpa!
It's meant to be sat on
Carter playing with "Slugger" or as I like to call him "Mr. Baseball". When you squeeze his hand he giggles which means when you squeeze his hand Carter giggles!

3 comments:

Karen said...

So happy your are engaged! Happy Valentine's Day!

Dad and Mom Mann said...

David, you didn't need any help from me for a romantic Valentine's Day. What a very special way to celebrate. Teach your Dad will you? Happy belated Valentines Day to the two of you!! Thanks for sharing your special day and bringing a warm smile and heart to this mom!

The Edwards Family said...

I love the ring! It's beautiful!!! It looks like a very romantic day!