Sunday, February 8, 2009

Guys and Dolls

At church today we sat next to sweet little Emery and she happened to have a baby doll. I picked it up and showed Carter and he grabbed it and did not want to let it go. He definitely likes "boy stuff" like cars and things, but it got me wondering if I should get him a "boy doll". I knew they made boy cabbage patch dolls so I looked it up and found these Cabbage Patch babies. The one in the middle is the boy. What is you opinion on boys playing with dolls? I don't think it really matters and that he should be able to play with whatever toy he wants, but am I right? How do you feel about it and do you like this doll?


4 comments:

Jim and Steph said...

it totally doesn't matter. i think kids should play with whatever toys they like. its silly to keep dolls and babies away from little boys because it helps them relate to their moms and get ready for babies that follow. oliver loves playing with all of yve's toys, especially her necklaces and ponies and headbands. he loves to put stuff on his head.

Michelle said...

I think it would be great! A lot of people get their boys a baby doll, it especially helps when they become a big brother, etc.

Anonymous said...

OK - that is so funny. First of all I think boys should totally have dolls it they want. Isaiah has "borrowed" Abby's newborn cabbage patch boy and not returned it at all. And he even inherited Jenna's doll stroller. But - the funny thing is that I just bought that exact newborn boy cabbage patch you are showing on your blog for my nephew Brennan and gave it to him yesterday - he did not put it down all day.

The Edwards Family said...

I like the boy doll and totally think you should get it for him! There is absolutely nothing wrong with a little boy playing with dolls! They can play with whatever they want!