Thursday, October 18, 2007

A flat tire and a pet emergency

Well, we've had some excitement in the last 24 hours! We are still babysitting the kitchens and you'd think that would be the most exciting part of our lives right now, but no. We went home to feed the cats, pick up my car and get some stuff for today and while we were there I decided we should give the cats their flea treatment. We've done it several times before and it's usually no problem! It took me about 2 seconds to get Pele all medicated and then we moved on to Atticus. Well, apparently I put the medicine too low on his neck and he was able to lick it! So he starts going crazy and spitting up all this foamy spit so bad that Dave had to hold him over the sink so it wouldn't make a mess! We got a wet towel and tried to just wipe it off but that wasn't working so Dave took him into the bathroom to wash him and I found the number and called the 24 pet ER. By this point I was freaking out and I thought I had killed my cat!!!! The guy at the pet ER said to wash him a few more times with dish soap and told me to watch him for a while to make sure he didn't show signs of brain damage. We finished washing him but not before Dave's arms got completely thrashed and we decided as a treat we would let him into the bedroom for a little bit since he really likes to go in there. I had planned to send Dave back to watch the boys while I stayed with the kitty I had destroyed but he seemed fine and he actually ate some food so we decided we could leave him. Before we left we dangled his favorite feather toy in front of him and he was very playful so I felt a little better. The whole night I was worried that Dave would go home to a dead cat the next morning, but he was fine.
This morning I had to take Josh to seminary before work and after I drove off Dave called me to tell be to be careful because my back tire looked a little low. I got out of the car to check it when I got there and it was pretty much flat! Luckily, I remembered that a coworker had given me a can of fix a flat 2 years ago for my birthday so I tried that and was able to drive over to my in laws and get a ride to work with my knight in shining armor Richard. I have a YW meeting tonight so Karen is picking me up from work and then Dave is going to go put air in my tire. This has been such a long week but luckily tomorrow we will be back in our own apartment with our cats and eating the food we want for dinner!

No comments: