Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What's in a name?

A lot of people have been asking us if we have names picked out. As a matter of fact we do! It's actually a funny story... We've had our names picked out for a LONG time and everyone said how great they were blah blah. Well once we actually got pregnant and people started asking us our names the boy's name got quite a different reaction from most people than it had previously. We had originally planned on Clark Pierce. After several winces and not so lovely comments we have changed our boy's name to Carter Pierce which has received a much better response (even from Daddy...)
So that makes our names Carter Pierce or Daphne Roma
That's it! We aren't changing them if you don't like them. I don't care anymore.

We should find out around Thanksgiving which name we will be using.

4 comments:

Emily Kate Bankhead said...

I love your names! Those are really good ones. Congratulations again! We are so excited for you. John and Nebs just had their little girl last night at 11:00 pm. Everybody's having babies! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Great names - I think that is one of the many great things about being parents, you get to name your kids. It should not matter what anyone else says. But I do love your names.

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

I better be a girl because I want my son's name to be Carter. No fair.
Love, Jeff

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

I think what my husband is trying to say is "IT" better be a girl. I hope that HE'S not a girl! WOW. P.S. I didn't know that he liked Carter until you guys mentioned it on your blog. p.p.s. you can have Jaden if you like it. It's pretty much whoever has a baby first gets the names...no babies here love shell