Friday, October 5, 2007

I've gained how much?????

As I mentioned in the previous post we had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I was pretty nervous because I've been sick and I was feeling some weird pains in my stomach the other day. Needless to say my blood pressure was a little high and my heart beat was a little fast... which I expected. What I didn't expect was that I would only have gained 3 lbs!! That's 3 lbs total not just since my last visit, which makes it 1 lb since my last visit... a month ago. I know it is good not to gain a bunch of weight at the beginning, but I heard a pound a week was healthy, not a pound a month. Oh well, I'm sure I will be grateful later especially when I am trying to lose said pounds after Kreacher is here. The good news is we did hear the heartbeat again this time through my stomach and the coolest thing was that it was all staticy which at first annoyed me but then she told me it was the baby moving. It's good to know that Kreacher gets something from mommy and can't sit still!
Other than that last night was filled with up dos and homework. I think Dave and I make a good team he was helping Kirsten with her essay and I got to be Aladdin so that Kari could practice "A Whole New World" for her school play. She actually asked me if I knew the words... HAHA silly girl! I grew up with Aladdin. What person my age (male or female) does not know every single word to "A Whole New World?" I laughed and said "I think so." It all worked out in the end.

Side note: Yes Megan... we did nickname our unborn fetus Kreacher... I know we're nuts but you would do it too. Plus it sounds much better to say "Kreacher wants orange juice" than "the baby wants OJ."

No comments: