Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cage match!

WARNING: This is a long blog with lots of pictures. Some of them kind of blurry.

Even though there are some rough moments, watching Scarlett and Carter gets easier every day. Carter got up at 5:40 this morning (about and hour and a half after Dave went to bed. He had a big project) and I intentionally didn't put him back to bed until about 8am so he would be sleeping when Scarlett arrived. She got here at 8:30 and I had the Pack n' play set up with the boppy to give her a bottle hoping she would fall asleep. She did fall asleep pretty quick (in the pack n' play so mini victory for me on that one) and both kids slept until about 10am and woke up happy. They seem to be on a similar schedule with eating and sleeping... evening peeing... which makes it easier on me. They played for a while with the usual Scarlett attacks and I even put him in his bouncer to try and get him on an even playing field but she saw it as a challenge and climbed on him and the bouncer. He doesn't seem to mind, in fact, he smiles EVERY time their eyes actually meet. I'm basically just there to make sure she doesn't push too hard on him or go for his eyes or anything. They both got fussy/hungry at the same time so I had to put them in "their beds" while tending to the other's needs. Luckily Scarlett feeds herself which allows me to feed Carter at the same time. Something selfish though... I was actually really excited to babysit Scarlett because I was hoping she could teach Carter some things (preferably not her binky stealing or her blood curdling scream) and what do you know she did! He actually fed himself today! Now she just needs to show him how to sit! Anyway, Scarlett finished first and didn't want to be in the Pack n' play so I brought her into Carter's room while I supervised his snack. She was very interested in his crib so I figured I could just set her in there with him since I was standing right there. It made for a lovely cage match and I found out my son is a kicker. Turns out their fights aren't as one sided as I thought. Here are pictures from my fun day of being a referee:
There goes the binky...
Scarlett gave Carter a block
being gentle

Beautiful little Scarlett


Yes, I know he should be propped up but the boppy was being used and I was right there supervising. And he seemed to keep it in better.


I love this picture. And yes... that is Carter's binky. It went back and forth all day. Gross.


Yummy sock!


Not so defenseless!

Run away Scarlett!

I can stand too, so ha mommy!

Dave is always happy when people think he's funny. He came home from school and made us all laugh!

WHY I LOVE BEING A MOM!

I finished this post a while ago and I went to look at my handsome in his raccoon footie pajamas one last time before going to bed and when I glanced at him he smiled in his sleep! SO CUTE!

No comments: