Friday, December 12, 2008

Good tidings and good news

Santa came!!! Carter was not happy.




The Polaroid was the only one he wasn't freaking out for (Thanks to Stacey for scanning it)

He did however like Mrs. Claus.





Since we were all going we met up with some friends.



Me with Santa (Some years ago.)

In front of our tree





I also got 2 job offers today. I had pretty much made up my mind about which one I would take, unfortunately the job I really didn't want offered $4500 more a year. It was a tough decision, but after talking it over with Dave I chose the lower paying job (I'm still going to make more than I did in SR) because I didn't want to take a job I wouldn't be happy with. Taking the other job would have been a step back for me and I would've been very bored. The job I chose starts this Tuesday, has great benefits, every other Friday off, has more responsibility and will help me to get licensed which will make me more marketable in the future. Like I said, it was a very hard decision, but it was the right decision. So, I am now officially and account manager at MGIS! I am very sad not to be home with Carter, but I know he is in capable hands. I am passing the torch to Dave who will now be Carter's stay-at-home Dad and Scarlett's "manny" (Man nanny) whenever Tyson is out of town. Things will be very different around here, but hopefully this will help us in the long run.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job! I am glad it is all working out for you guys. We miss you.

stacey said...

Did you see that Friends where Freedy Prinze Junior is Ross & Rachel's nanny? Do you think we can convince Dave to play puppets and the recorder? ;)

Brook said...

I don't think he will need convincing, he's always wanted to play the recorder! :)

Smarties said...

The pictures of Carter with Santa are priceless. :)

Congrats on the job. I understand the mixed-emotions. You can relate to Sarah and Nathan who are doing the same thing.

Dad and Mom Mann said...

Big congratulations, Brook!! I knew once they talked to you and saw your resume and who you are they both couldn't resist hiring you. You have a lot to offer. This won't last forever. It's a huge blessing. Carter will love you for it and Dave will have fun being a daddy "day care" for Carter and a "manny" for Scarlet. Trials bring wonderful, cherished future memories.

Anonymous said...

You are right. Carter looks just like you in that first photo with Santa.

The photo of you with Santa is the one I was thinking of in the Teacher Supply store. I don't think I have any others because prior to that photo, your reaction was the same as Carter's or worse.

Shall I send Dave my Horton finger puppet for his Manny tools of the trade?

(((((HUGS))))) to all.

Brook said...

Any puppets are appreciated, but I know you will not part with your precious horton's!

jen said...

Congrats on getting the job. I can imagine it comes with mixed feelings, but Carter is so lucky to spend quality time with his dad. Good luck with everything.