Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I survived my first day. Barely.

Can I just say I NEVER thought I would be 15 minutes late on my first day of work!!! I left a half hour early and was still late. The snow was awful and of course this was my first time driving in it. I knew I would have a problem when I had trouble backing out. I did WAY better than I thought I would and just took it slow. I figured it would be better to arrive late than not at all and I was right. They were totally nice about it. It went well but I felt like the loser new kid sitting all by myself at lunch and I didn't really get to know anyone. I'm sure people will be nicer as time goes on. It was the longest I've ever been away from Carter but it was ok because I kept busy. It seems like Dave had a good day with the kids but I think he realizes why I'm always so tired. As I write this Carter is playing on the floor by me and Dave is snoring in our bed. So, we all survived and we'll do it all again tomorrow, except the being late part because I'm going to leave an hour before I need to be there.
In other news, I sent Carter's Santa picture to The Ellen show so we'll see if he gets his 15 minutes of fame.

5 comments:

Raphelle said...

Congratulations on surviving your first day! Stupid snow! It ruins everything. Being the new person really is no fun at all. Hopefully they won't put a raccoon in your car.

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry the first day was rough. Hopefully it gets easier.

The Edwards Family said...

First days are always hard! I was actually going to text you yesterday to wish you luck but I totally forgot! Sorry! That would have been a nice thing to do... Oh well at least you know I was thinking about it and it's the thought that counts right? Hopefully today goes better for you!!!

Jim and Steph said...

congrats on getting a job. its great that dave can be home with carter

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

Just plan on going around 30-35 mph when it snows