Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Injuries are a common occurrence"

Well, this makes post number 500 for us since we started our blog. That either means we have a busy life or no life!

Yesterday my work had a meet and greet with some reps up at Sundance and after we all went night tubing. I wasn't sure I was going to go because the waiver they made us sign had bold words like "DEATH", "INJURY", "ACCIDENT" and things like that. It also included the phrase "INJURIES ARE A COMMON OCCURRENCE." Once we got there it was pretty clear even the biggest wimps in the office were going to go so I decided it would make a very bad impression if I was the one who didn't. So I went and of course had fun. I only fell once and it was walking not tubing but luckily my butt was so numb it was being iced the entire time. It was really fun, nobody died and it was a great way to get to know my coworkers better.

This was written on the back of the tag that they made you wear to go tubing. Luckily I didn't see it until I got home.


Me and Courtney before tubing. Our work gave us MGIS hats and scarves that were super cute but I was already wearing a hat.






After going doubles down the hill.

I wish we could've gotten a better picture than these, but we were all laughing so hard! Courtney, my boss, another account manager and I went down the hill in a group of 4 and we were going so fast (because we were heavier) that we didn't stop at the end and the front 2 tubes ran into the wall! Luckily I was in the back! These pictures are of Courtney and my boss trying to free themselves from the bumper which in fact did not bump but pretty much ate them and Courtney's new bini. Luckily they were able to free themselves but the bini was lost forever.

In Carter news:

We are starting baby sign with him and my book says to start with 6 to 12 words half being "see a lot/ do a lot words" and the other half being "highly motivating words" so Dave and I sat down this morning and picked the words from the list we would start with:

  • See a lot/do a lot: More, all done/finished, pacifier and help
  • Highly motivating words: Ball, car, music and train

We will keep you updated on the progress of these signs.

He's also desperately trying to crawl. Here is a video:

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks like so much fun!

Elisa said...

I though I would de-lurk and finally make a comment.

Looks like you are having tons of fun in Utah! Carter is getting so big, it's fun to keep updated.

I love signing with babies, it really helps them communicate, some of our favorites here are Milk and stinky!! big hit.