Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just call me "Mr. Manager"


I am officially back in the work force! I just got a job with Blockbuster as a shift leader (aka assistant manager) and it came just in time. Here is the story for those who haven't heard it yet. On the way home from picking up Brook from work a few weeks ago, she saw a banner outside a Blockbuster advertising the need for employees. She felt that this might be a good place to work nights, but I wanted to try out some temp agencies first. Brook kept on pushing me to check out Blockbuster and I finally submitted. I went in to talk to the manager and she told me that she was conducting interviews the next day, so if I applied online that day I might be able to get an interview. At the interview, Jen (the manager) told me the position I was applying for was only 2-3 nights a week and the pay was only $7.50. I told her that I would take anything right now. After talking with her about my previous work experience, she told me that I might be better suited for management, so she would call her district manager to set up an appointment with him. Last friday I went to the interview and to my suprise, not only was I interviewing with the district manager, but Jen and 2 other managers were also there. It was a little intimidating, but I performed well. After that interview I was told that after a background check, they would call me with an offer. Today I got the call and TADA I have the job. I never thought it would take this long to find a job, but with the economy being what it is, I am very thankful that I was able to find one that fit with my schedule and would be entertaining to work at. I want to thank everyone who prayed or sent positive energy my way to make this happen. Bring on the free rentals!!



6 comments:

Dad and Mom Mann said...

Hip Hip Hurray!!!! Congratulations, Mr. Manager!! I knew they couldn't turn down your skills, experience and charm. We are very happy for you and your family. Now you can breathe again. Love You!!

Rory said...

Assistant manager or assistant TO the manager? (just kidding)

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

YEAH David. We are happy for you! Congratulations.

Jim and Steph said...

congrats on the job. i love that you posted that little snipit from arrested development. its one of our all time favorite shows, and that is a great scene.

Emily said...

Congratulations, Mr. Manager (Now, don't let power go to your head). Any way you can hook your brother up with a job, that doesn't involve us moving to Utah?

jen said...

Congrats! Which Blockbuster are you working at? We'll have to stop by and rent some movies- The Cannon clan