Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It is finished

My quest has finally come to an end. 1,463 pages later, I can now say that I have read "Les Miserables". For those who enjoy the musical (such as I), this is a must read. The depth and detail in this novel is amazing. While there are some dry spots (ie. learning about the development of argot, a type of french slang, or the current events of 1830's France), the story and characters and how they intertwine is wonderful. If you have the courage, I would definitely recommend this novel.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Good for you. I love the book too... I admit I skipped over some parts!

Dad and Mom Mann said...

Good job Dave!! I may try it sometime but not now. Maybe I'll save that to read when I retire!!

Elisa said...

Congratulations!! It's a definite accomplishment! Now for War and Peace! lol

ROAST said...

Good job. Don't know if I'd read the book quite yet as I'd like to see the musical first.

Anonymous said...

WOW - that is amazing. I think John has been reading it for like a year. I don't think I have to desire to read it though.