Monday, September 29, 2008

10 things


I've decided to write a post about 10 things that have made parenting easier for me.



In no particular order:




  • Our fisher price cradle swing. I used to not be able to put him down to go to the bathroom when he was really little and once I got this I had a new found freedom. We had tried other swings, but for some reason this one was different.


  • They Might Be Giants "Here come the ABCs" and "Here come the 123s" CD/DVDs. He is sitting in his bouncer right now watching the ABCs and he LOVES it. It's also kid's music that we don't mind hearing over and over.


  • Dave. He's amazing and he is definitely the number one thing that keeps me sane with the baby.


  • Swaddling. Once we figured this out he was able to sleep through the night (and so were we.)


  • Diapers.com


  • Carter's onesies, Gymboree sleepers and Baby Gap pants. The only things made for tall skinny kids.

Compared to other brands... You should be able to tell which is which. (and they are all the same size.)




  • Plastic party cups. Sounds stupid, but an Avent bottle fits perfectly in it so if you fill it with hot water it only takes a few minutes to warm his bottle.





  • My digital camera. I feel bad for giving my Mom grief about the fact that there are hardly any baby pictures of me, but without a digital camera I wouldn't be able to get so many cute pictures of the Dooder.


  • Avent binkies. The only kind he'll take, but it doesn't bother me as long as he'll take them! They are a life saver!


  • My blog. It is so nice to be able to post pictures here for everyone to see. It's a great tool when you have a little one and live so far away!


I would love to see what other Moms would consider the 10 greatest things to make a parents life easier if anybody would like to go ahead and post it. I also want to see if Dave comes up with the same things as me. Maybe I will make him blog his list with out seeing mine and see if it's close.

No comments: