Friday, September 26, 2008

"It gives you a hug"

Today I decided to try a new crock pot recipe and it actually turned out! I've decided that when I make a good gluten free recipe I will share it because people are always asking me what to make. I will only put a recipe on here that with some modifications can be gluten free. So here is tonight's. POT ROAST!!!! Dave says this pot roast "gives you a hug" and rated it a 4.5 out of 5.


INGREDIENTS
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (Health valley organic is GF)
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (Lipton is GF)
1 1/4 cups water
5 1/2 pounds pot roast



DIRECTIONS
In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.



I added carrots and potatoes when there was about 2 hours left. (Thanks to Rachelle's grandparents for the home grown carrots!)




This morning (after I started the roast) I went out with Stacey and Scarlett and got some really cool stuff which hopefully I will explain more tomorrow but Rachelle texted me to ask if I was home and if she could come over. When we got home she was there and she had Lolly and Sadie with her!!! It's been forever since I'd seen them so it was fun to catch up. So... we had a little impromptu play group at our house and I made Pad Thai for everyone. It was loud and crazy and totally fun.


No comments: