Friday, April 27, 2007

Cat Scratch Fever!!!!


Ok, so everyone knows I love my cats (in fact many people mock me for my "obsession" with them) well one of them has finally made it to my naughty list! I was having trouble sleeping last night so I decided to watch a movie in bed and of course the cats decided to join me. So Pele took his normal spot laying on my mid section and Atticus was, as usual, up by my head. The movie was ending so I called David (he was in the other room doing homework) and he was going to come in and turn off the movie and such. Well, when he walked in the cats freaked! Atticus ran away but not before scratching the heck out of my face. I quickly put my hand up to it because it hurt and that's just what you do when something hurts and then when I turned to Dave and took my hand down he exclaimed "Oh my Gosh!!" or something like unto it and totally freaked me out. Well I could see that my hand was completely covered in blood, but I had no idea of the condition of my face. So Dave ran and got a towel and put it over my face and when he took that off it was also covered in blood. I was just sitting there thinking I must be scarred for life or at least hideously ugly at that moment in time. We couldn't get the bleeding to stop for a little while and then I had to put an ice pack on it to get the swelling to go down and I was dead tired because it was midnight and I haven't gotten much sleep lately. Needless to say it was not a fun experience. I did however think to grab the camera amidst all of the crying and screaming so we were able to document this lovely occasion. We will be adding pictures this weekend so if you want to see my face come check it out. I look awful and it still hurts.

Yuck.

Love grandma.

This picture is from the next day and it is covered with make up. I will put better ones on here.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow! I think after an attack like that, I would have retaliated. That cat would be living outside for the next week or so. Sorry for your misfortune. But hey, at least we got something good to read about out of the whole experience.