Sunday, April 8, 2007

A fun weekend: the male perspective

Sound the trumpets, Dave is finally writing a blog! Anyway, this weekend was a blast. All it took was one concert and now I am addicted. The concert took place outside at the beautiful Konocti Harbor Resort overlooking Clear Lake. Luckily it wasn't raining. Jason Aldean was the opening act (known by country music listeners for "amarillo sky" and "hicktown"), singing along side his "punk" looking lead guitarist. They put on a good show and even played some Guns & Roses songs. But I had no idea what a contrast there was between an opening act and the main event. Rascal Flatts came out amid lights, fireworks, and had a huge setup of tv's in the background. I have seen concerts on tv at awards shows and such, but nothing compares with the real thing. I hope I will be able to go to more concerts throughout the summer, if time and money permits.

No comments: