Sunday, April 22, 2007

Prom

Us chaperoning the prom. I figured it was an opportunity to get all dressed up and for Dave to wear his choir tux that he spent a bunch of money on and only wore like twice...

I got these flowers from a florist in railroad square and thought they were really pretty. The great thing is they are still good so I am wearing them in my hair right now. I hope to wear them tomorrow too, but we'll see.

Me and pretty little Hailey goofing off as usual.

One of my Young women, Catie, looking amazingly beautiful. Hair and makeup courtesy of moi.

Catie, Alexa and Hailey... The 3 most beautiful girls at the prom! (Yes. I am biased.)

Well, It ended up being a great day/evening. I was totally ahead of schedule the whole day and I ended up ready by like 11:00 which is insane. I ended up doing Catie's hair and all three girls' make up so that was fun. Apparently I did a good enough job because I am doing Catie's hair and makeup for her school prom next Saturday AND I'm also doing Amee's (another of my Young Women.) It looks like I will have to continue practicing this week.

During the dance we stuck ourselves at the end of 2 hallways and set up our portable DVD player. We watched all of "Singing in the Rain" (which was very fitting considering the weather that evening) and part of "The Emperor's New Groove". Throughout the evening we had several visitors in our little corner; both fellow chaperons and some of the youth who were looking over our shoulder at the movie or just handing me there shoes to keep an eye on. It was another fun evening and it was nice to see all the kids cleaned up and looking good, and speaking of looking good check out the "pimpmeister" Jonathan.

3 comments:

Chris said...

It seems like you guys had a great time. I must say you all look beautiful/handsome. My only question is whether or not being a chaperone makes you feel old. Do you ever feel like you should be driving a minivan or something? j/k

Brook said...

You know it should make us feel old except that every time we chaperone we get mistaken for kids by at least 1 person if not more... It feels a little strange that the girls that were beehives when I was in young womens are now laurels and taking dates to prom... but I will just have to get over that!

Ya... I should be driving a minivan.

Chris said...

They switched to Sedona Red b/c purple and teal--though cool at the time they were chosen--are not so cool now. They wanted a color that would survive the test of time. Also, the clothing manufacturers complained that they could never get the purple dye to match between the different articles of clothing--socks, shirt, hat, etc.