Monday, April 30, 2007

Twins??

So I've been doing a little research on IUI and what could possibly happen as a result... Turns out it increases our chances of multiples by a whole lot. Someone Noelle knows did IUI (they did it 2 days in a row and we are starting with 1) and are now pregnant with triplets! What if we did have more than one baby? Would it be so bad? I think I would be extremely happy considering we've been having so much trouble.
Now here's the funny thing, it's most likely just coincidence, but it's fun to think it could be a sign. Yesterday I sat next to 2 pregnant women, one was having twins. And today (this is really a stretch... but just humor me) I did a submission at work for a business called "Twins Auto Repair." Yes, I know I am absolutely just looking for things to be signs, but it is a possibility and it would be great if it happened.
For now maybe I will just hope for 1 baby because even that's not guaranteed.

3 comments:

Chris said...

How do you know it won't be septuplets? Wouldn't that be fun?

Brook said...

Are you offering to babysit?

Lindsay said...

Clomid increases your chances of multiples because it makes you ovulate multiple eggs. The thing of it is, the data is based on scientific trials where the women did not have fertility problems -i.e. were ovulating prior to clomid use, were young, and who's partners had normal sperm counts. The increase in twins for those women were about 10 percent. That means it will likely be a much lower risk for you.

I don't think you'll get pregnant with a million babies, really. Only time will tell!