Saturday, October 4, 2008

Family day 3


We had to make today family day because Dave had a mondo paper due Friday and needed to work on it Thursday. This family day was MUCH better than last week's. We started out watching conference at Jeff and Rachelle's and I really enjoyed Elder Uchdorf's talk. Then we went and checked out a game store that J & R had suggested. It's called Boardgame Revolution and they are only open 2 days a week so they can charge less for their games. They seriously do sell there games for much less. We bought a family Christmas present there and ordered another game that we want to play for Halloween.

Getting dressed and ready for conference.




Then we headed over to the Salt Lake City Public Library. It was the coolest library I've ever been to!!!

5 stories:

Glass elevators:

Children's section with holes in the wall leading to children's reading areas and computer rooms. This was in the "crystal cave" (very supermanish)

This was called the Attic (another hole in the wall of the kid's section.)

Made out of canned foods for a food drive.

Cool fireplaces:

A couch in the kid's section... If our couch had a baby this would be it:

All in all a very fun afternoon and a great way to spend a rainy day! Oh and I got a library card! Yeah!

4 comments:

Raphelle said...

I love that building but have never explored the children's section. Looks like I've been missing out! It looks awesome!

Karen said...

Carter is SOOOOOO cute! You and Dave are too! Love the baby orange couch. I'm glad you guys are embracing Zion!

stacey said...

Baby couch comment = hilarious! So, you up for going back there some time? I'd love to go there. It looks amazing!

Brook said...

Uh, ya! I got a card so you and I could go and get books! I checked out a bunch of baby cookbooks if you want to play sometime! :)