Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweet potato spitter, good night's sleep and a book review

Yesterday we put the Dooder down for his nap at between 5:30 and 6. He hadn't really napped at all (see previous post) so when it started to get late I wasn't surprised to see he was still sleeping. We just let him sleep... then 10:00pm rolled around and we decided to get him up give him his medicine and a bottle and put him back down. He went right back down but we were worried he would get up in the middle of the night since he had been sleeping so long. He slept until 4:45am which is not too shabby and we are glad he got a good night's sleep!


He didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night so Dave snapped a few pictures. Nice drool and spit up spots.


Today we did more sweet potatoes and they were still a big hit (and a big mess) Carter learned a new trick today! If he makes one of his favorite noises at just the right time the sweet potatoes will fly back at Mommy! Fun Fun! See the video below for a demonstration.




We read lots of books to Carter; Dr. Seuss, The Mr Happy books and of course the scriptures, but when I come across a good one I feel the need to share. I remembered Harold and the Purple crayon from my childhood (Do you remember this Mom?) so I ordered it from Paperback swap. Dave had never heard of it which both surprised me and excited me as I got to share something that I remembered from my childhood with him. This is such a great read for bedtime! It's a fun, creative story with cute, simple drawings plus it's the perfect length. I hate kids books that seem to go on forever or that only have a few words in them. This was great! It was all that I remembered and more! I highly recommend this as a bedtime story for all ages!