Thursday, October 9, 2008

Heed move!


Today started out with Carter's 6 month doctor's appointment. He is still gaining weight and the doctor says that Dave and I are doing GREAT! He says he hopes to see him sit on his own by next month but I really don't think that is going to happen. Carter's head is huge! He's in the 75% for head circumference. So, if you have ever tried to balance an orange on a toothpick you know it's not happening until he gets a more solid base. The doctor was very pleased with his growth and was happy to see that Carter is such a happy baby or should I say... was a happy baby. He had to get 4 vaccines today and half of his flu shot! Luckily I get to leave the room while it's happening and come back to comfort him when he's done. He does pretty well and calms down very easily.



Carter's growth charts. Thanks J & R for the use of your scanner.





Ouch! Good thing they know Mommy and Daddy were SRHS Panthers! Orange and black baby!

After his appointment Dave and I got hair cuts! Hooray! On the way home the baby fell asleep and we were going to Jeff and Rachelle's for the Office an hour later so we decided rather than take him out and try to put him down for a nap we would just keep driving. Nowhere in particular, we just drove.

My haircut in the rear view mirror. I am closer than I appear.

While at a stop light I realized Dave had something in his ear so I tried to get it out. He was not happy with me.

Don't worry I waited until we stopped to take pictures!

Sleeping like a baby! Oh wait... he is a baby.

I thought the clouds looked like a road.

2 comments:

Dad and Mom Mann said...

Look at those cute, "pudgy" hurray!, baby legs. Love your haircuts. glad you found someone who could do them well. Dad and I look forward to the office tomorrow night. I was going to ask you, Dave, something when you were talking to dad but now I can't remember what it was....oh yeah...what is the name of your old apartment managers? I need to call them to find out when I can come over and take apart the "Dish". Text, or email, or phone me and let me know please. Love you!!

Emily said...

It's like Sputnik! Carter is cute, and I'm glad he's growing!