Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Un-declaration.

I know in the past I've refused to talk politics with people and in the future I will be doing the same but after a recent conversation with a friend I feel it is important to share my political opinion once. I've always been afraid to inform myself and vote because I knew I would disagree with so many people that I care about. I figured ignorance was bliss and if I didn't know how I was voting I couldn't argue with anybody. I'm registered undeclared and I think that is very true. I was a conservative Californian and I am a liberal Utahan. That's just how it is. I will NOT discuss how I am voting on ANY certain issue and I think politics are a very personal thing. I realize that the people that disagree with my political stance will probably not like this post, but I hope they will at least respect me for having my opinion. That's the beautiful thing about America, we do have the right to choose for ourselves.
This post was not meant to offend anyone on either side of the political spectrum. It was meant to say that I want to vote, even if that means I disagree with the people that I love (which for the most part I do.) I don't want to have to worry about hurt feelings like I have in the past and I also don't want to discuss how I am voting. This is the one thing in my life that I like to keep private and for good reason. I love you all and respect you for having such strong beliefs and opinions and hope I didn't ruffle any feathers. I do plan to vote in the next election.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

There is no problem with having your own opinion, as long as you know why you have it, which it sounds like you do. As I have become more educated in politics, I've decided there is less black and white and more gray area for us to decide for ourselves.

Raphelle said...

I'm so offended.

Dad and Mom Mann said...

I don't know how anyone could be offended by what you have said. There are many political views in this family of ours and that is our privilege living in this great country. I'm glad to know you will vote and state your voice and opinion as hopefully will the rest of us. We all have to live with the results, no matter how we vote, and hopefully the outcome will really benefit our country.